Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Diarrhea of the Mouth

I find that I come across this way too often. What's my definition of it? When someone talks without thinking and what comes out is a bunch of crap. Also unstoppable talking that has no value.

Mostly it's when someone says something completely inappropriate. Makes you think "WTF? Did that really just come out of your mouth?" You know when you are announcing great news and someone rains on your parade by telling some horrific story related to what you are saying. Like announcing your pregnant and then someone follows their Congrats with a story of their sister's friend's miscarriage.

When I was about 30 weeks pregnant, I was with a bunch of girls I didn't know very well. I was asked how far along I was and when I told her, she told me of her friend who just lost her baby at 30 weeks because the cord wrapped around its neck. Devastating story however why she felt the need to share it with me at that given moment is beyond me. Now you have me freaked out it will happen to me and I am watching baby movements like a hawk.

It's like she didn't know what else to say after I answered her question so the story came pouring out of her mouth (like diarrhea) without even thinking first. If we were talking about pregnancy losses then I would understand why she may share the story.

I am sure you can relate on some level to what I am saying. I am wishing there was some sort of over the counter cure for this. Peptobismo for the mouth.

I know someone close to me who does this all the time. This person will remain nameless. I think she is so socially awkward the only responses she can think of are usually of the negative nature. Hardly having anything positive to say because it's easier to think of something negative. Quick to respond but doesn't think first.

So diarrhea if the mouth is my knew phrase to explain this. I think it fits pretty well.

No comments: