Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cheers to a new year!

It's 2009! Happy New Year!

As I reflect on this past year, I see that there have been a lot of changes in my life. I started the year still mourning the loss of my first pregnancy. Having a miscarriage changed so many things in my life. My outlook on pregnancy and parenthood are different and is something I know hold very sacred and do not take for granted.

In the month of January, I found out I was pregnant again. Lots of emotions ran through my head. From sheer excitement to fear and anxiety which plagued the first trimester of my pregnancy. My pregnancy bliss is forever tainted with the fear of another miscarriage.

In January, I also attended the funeral of a family friend. He was referred to as "Papa" to everyone who knew him. He was the father of my mother's best friend. Papa will always be missed.

In April, I attended another funeral. This one for Rich, the best friend of my brother-in-law, who died in a serious car accident. It was discovered it was due to high speeds and alcohol on the highway. This was a devastating loss (as all losses are).

In May, my husband and I celebrated our one year anniversary. I also found myself in Labor & Delivery due to some explained bleeding which turned out to be nothing. We also found out we were having a baby girl

I also attended yet a third funeral of the year. Stacey was a family friend of my husband's. She died an unexplained death due to the possibility of a prescription drug overdose but still unsure of the real cause.

In July, I ended up in Labor & Delivery again for some contractions. All was good and I was sent home.

In August, my daughter was born 7 weeks early due to my water breaking unexpectedly and for no specific reason at all. Hailey Cathleen was born August 19th @ 3:31pm weighing 5lbs 12oz. We spent the next 29 days visiting her in the NICU counting down the days until she could finally come home with us.

In September, we were finally able to bring home our baby girl.

I turned 27 in October. Celebrated some great first holidays with Hailey and ended the year with a bang at a New Years Eve party at our house!

So here it is January 1, 2009. I am anxious for what this year will bring. Lots of joy as we get to watch Hailey grow! Hopefully I won't be attending any funerals this year!

Cheers to a fantastic 2009!

No comments: