Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Moments That make My Heart Melt

Being a mother is amazing. My whole life have shifted. Before my career, my education, my social life, my husband were the only thing relevant in my world. After Hailey was born, that all changed. Now it's her and our family.

There are times when I just stare at her, either awake or sleeping, in total awe. There are times when it actually moves me to tears. I can sit there watching her sleeping in my arms...so peaceful, innocent and perfect...and tear up out of sheer joy. The emotions she brings to my heart are overwhelming.

Just yesterday Randy came home from work after picking up Hailey. She was asleep in the car seat. I couldn't wait for her to wake up so I picked her up. She whined a little, eyes closed, then drifted back to sleep. I sat on the couch with her cradled in my arms. About 10 minutes later she opened her eyes.

She was so excited and taken back by the fact that she woke in my arms. Her beautiful blue eyes widened. She immediately reached out and touched my face. She was wailing her other arm around in excitement. I can't describe the look on her face but it was as if she was so excited to wake up and see me. Like "It's Mommy!!" She began smiling and was just as happy as can be.

Her reaction to waking in my arms after not seeing me all day stuck with me the rest of the night. My heart smiled for hours. It still is!

This is just such an amazing experience. By far the best thing I have ever done and will ever do. I am so thankful to have my baby girl in my life. My heart melts everyday!

No comments: