Thursday, November 6, 2008

An Historical Moment

I was able to witness an historical moment on Tuesday. Our country elected the first black president (I would say African American but that may not be PC for Obama. What if he is not from Africa? He was born in Hawaii.). I am proud of our country for doing this. This definitely proves to me that our country are not the racist bastards they used to be (of course racism still exists but not enough to not elect a black president, ya know?).

Although I do think the media thus far is focusing way too much on the fact that he is black rather then the president he is going to be and what the future holds for our country. Isn't that what's really important? I understand that is a huge thing, especially amongst the black community but let's re-focus here!

He didn't focus his campaign on him being black so let's do the same for his term in the White House.

No comments: