Sunday, December 14, 2008

This Thing Called Parenthood


It's an amazing thing. A lot more to it then I ever imagined. Tonight as I am rocking Hailey in the glider, she falls asleep on my chest. It puts me in a state of total relaxation. It almost feels like we melted into each other.


I don't know what it is but there is something so magical about being a mother. I love my husband, I love my family. But this love is completely different.


She has my blue eyes. They are light in the middle and dark around the edges. I know they may to a different shade of blue as she gets older but for now, she has my eyes. Do you know how amazing it is to look at her eyes and know it came from me? It's weird. And you will never understand it until you experience it.
I returned to work this week and it was hard. If we could afford for me to stay home I would. I seriously could care less about my career. I have a Bachelor's degree. I graduated college almost 5 years ago. I worked long and hard in college. I could spend the rest of my life as a full time mom and be completely okay with that.
I now realize that being a mom is the best thing I will ever do!

No comments: